The Principal Engineer role will provide engineering and architecture support for complex system management of AWS Native and managed services-based solutions and other products and technologies related to the Contact Center. This entails activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. It will provide technical input to management decision making in the area of software, hardware, and performance. Its responsibilities include: defining solution architecture and networking requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects that have medium to high complexity; formulating procedures; monitoring key performance indicators; and implementing advanced business solutions. This role may also integrate solutions or build via DevOps depending on the maturity of the organization and/or product.
Successful incumbents have excellent technical design and troubleshooting skills, customer service skills, have strong inter-personal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, drive for results, decision quality, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
Design & Methodology
* Investigate & propose a strategic fit solution across server platform infrastructures, with primary focus on native Amazon Web Services technologies and Java/J2EEWork closely with Business Units, Application teams, infrastructure areas & Vendors to identity, develop, review & evaluate the solution requirements.
* Investigate & propose strategic fits for Virtualization, Consolidation & Rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical architecture & design solutions as applicable.
* Review & provide recommendation/input if/as applicable on new technologies/roadmap/presentations and Vendor product offerings specific to "System" Server, System Software technologies & Solutions & products.
* Evaluate & align strategic fit solutions across infrastructure platforms & solutions specific to "System" hardware & software technologies.
* Understand, participate, review & influence long term capacity planning & technology investments.
* Provide Client consulting & planning guidance as applicable for moderate to large highly complex projects/programs.
* Provide consultation & works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational / business goals & objectives.
* Provide guidance and be hands-on where necessary while working with development engineers and DevOps specialists
* Participate in and provides consulting & planning guidance on short term & long term planning in order to meet ongoing business & operational needs.
* Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of highly complex systems & assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales & practices.
* Develop & provide estimates for projects/programs & initiatives during consulting, planning & implementation review if/as applicable for projects & initiatives.
Planning & Organizing
* Identify & evaluate projects/programs/initiatives & design processes that enhance & rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
* Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology & provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
* Review and propose alternate solutions to non-standard solutions if/as applicable to meet business & applications needs.
* Review, identify & manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis as appropriate.
* Assist & provide guidance on complex/ large project/program planning phases & process. Direct and/or indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects /programs/initiatives/services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
* Participate in CAB/ECAB and active assess risk of proposed changes.
* Review, participate, develop (if/as applicable) & update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales & strategies.
* Evaluate, review & approve highly complex design solutions for business & Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
* Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
* Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
* Keep abreast of leading edge technologies in engineering space.
* Estimating cost saving targets.
* Budget low cost hosting provider Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required for this position.
Relocation can be provided for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and/or 8 years engineer experience
* 8 years Technology project management experience with complex, critical projects
* 8 years in identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
* 8 years negotiating complex solutions
* 8 years designing complex solutions
* 1 year designing cloud-native AWS solutions using services such as Amazon Connect, Lambda, Kinesis, Lex, Networking, IAM and other security specifications
* 5 years of mentoring another technologists
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled