A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Target Languages: Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Gujarati, Spanish, or Portuguese
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative is responsible for delivering a positive application experience for prospective policyholders of New York Life. The Call Center Representative places outbound calls to and services inbound calls from policy applicants to collect and compile key data points that support the policy underwriting process.
- Conduct inbound and outbound applicant interviews to collect and compile key data points that support the policy underwriting process.
- Use various systems to: access the applicants' phone number to dial calls; manage and update the call disposition; and conduct the interview.
- Assist underwriters during the underwriting process by conducting follow up calls with applicants for additional information.
- Access databases and website (e.g., medical dictionaries, underwriting references, medication and/or physician look ups) at point of call.
- Trigger alerts to the Agent, General Office staff and/or Underwriter when necessary.
- Handle status inquiries from applicants, Agents, General Office personnel and underwriters.
- Handle interviews of higher complexities such as applicants who may have more remarkable personal and health histories; and with applicants applying for higher coverage amounts.
- Research special cases and disposition them appropriately.
- Operate with a continuous improvement mindset, providing feedback and suggestions to improve the telephone interview application process to immediate manager.
- 1+ year experience in a customer service environment preferred, but not required
- Must be fluent in English and one of the following languages: Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Gujarati, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Background in medical terminology and/or life insurance underwriting a plus, but not required
Training & Development:
- Customer Service Representative will undergo a comprehensive on the job training environment to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position
- We are offering a variety of flexible shift schedules from starting as early as 7:00 AM to starting as late as 2:30 PM
Department Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM CT, Friday 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM CT, and Saturday 8:45 AM until 4:45 PM CT
- Competitive full-time base salary (non-exempt), plus target bonus eligibility
- Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- New York Life offers a variety of career opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.