The Contact Center Business System Specialist understands business processes and systems so they can help define and improve technology footprint. They will contribute towards and be responsible for delivering solutions which are aligned to business objectives and align to long term strategy.
The systems specialist role consists of the tasks, knowledge, and techniques required for identifying business needs, determining and assessing proposed solutions to business problems.
Solutions analysis includes the following:
- Continuous Improvement ' Analyzes current CC toolset, able to identify issues, propose improvements, define system requirements, and determine best possible solutions
- Systems Development ' Business expert for all system changes which requires understanding of current functionality, what is being proposed, the impact of changes, and can ensure that complete solutions are designed and implemented
- Data Quality/ Integrity - Understands the call flow design, the system integration, information exchanges/handoffs, procedures, and policies of work being performed by CC team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to system design by focusing on end to end process optimization, using standard system functionality whenever possible
- Provides business systems analysis and process redesign expertise, interacting with business partners to clearly define and document business requirements
- Participates in and/or contributes to the system configuration, and development which meet security, architecture, and support requirements, all while satisfying business needs
- Understands the systemic data requirements as they relate to improving/changing the business process or system
- Participates and/or coordinates required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution
- Collaborates with business partners regarding deployment needs, training, communications, change management and implementation of the application change
- Stays current with changing needs of the business and technology advancements in the marketplace that may drive improved business operations
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must have Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred, Contact Center customer experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Strong system knowledge of SAP, SOE and Salesforce
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Generally works in an office environment
- Travel required <15%
The Business Systems Specialist has direct impact on the assessment, planning and execution of critical systems information solutions in a Contact Center environment that produces $3.1 billion in sales over 75,000 transactions per day across approximately 2,000 team members touching any number of Grainger customers. This role impacts critical service, contingency and efficiency performance metrics for the company.
Working relations extend across both internal cross-functional teams and external vendors. Limited interaction with Grainger customers directly.