What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for assisting the service team in providing core change management activities to a significant customer(s). After we install a wide range of technologies, the Client Services team is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction every day. You will be the voice of Verizon and an advocate for your customer as you work to continually improve our service. In this role, a vital part of the customer experience is in your hands. The work will be fast-paced, results-oriented and involve working closely with other functional teams.
The Change Management Coordinator’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and document with Client, change management processes for the Services (e.g., processes for change request receipt, approval and processing, change scheduling, change validation, and acceptance consistent with the SG&PM);
- In consultation with Client and consistent with Agreement provisions, identify the various types of changes to the Services and appropriate processes to support such changes;
- In consultation with Client, prioritize and schedule performance of changes affecting the Services;
- Specify process flow of change requests, validation, and approval specific for non-standard changes, and coordinate with Network Operations Center and standard MACD process through the Verizon Enterprise Center web portal;
- Manage integration of Client’s and Verizon’s change management processes;
- Request from Client scheduled change windows and approvals for performance, managing change performance of Ongoing Services within scheduled change windows;
- Maintain change request log including type of change, documenting approvals, implementation and acceptance;
- Monitor the quality of the Change Management process and propose improvements as needed and as agreed upon; monitor performance of changes with respect to Ongoing Services; manage resolution of Incidents arising from change performance; identify trends that indicate a decrease in performance, identify solutions and manage resolution as appropriate;
- In consultation with Client, establish the format of monthly change management reports; provide reports for change performance on Ongoing Services;
- Monitor the quality of the Change Management process and intervene to correct and improve it as needed;
- Establish the format of the periodic change management reports and provide the report for all Ongoing Services;
- Communicate changes using the agreed-to change management Coordinate changes and address issues with Client’s point of contact, third party partners, and Verizon management centers;
- Participate in change control meeting and engage in approval processes;
- Participate in applicable governance committees as may be outlined in the Agreement.
What we’re looking for...
You can defuse the situation, isolate the core issue and address the customer’s concerns. You are energized by the challenge of working through difficult situations and finding positive outcomes. You enjoy gathering information, understanding the facts of a situation and like solving problems. You are flexible, dependable and work well on a team.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Product Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- ITIL v3 certification or completed within 6 months of start date.
- Prior telecommunications or related experience and knowledge of typical products and services.
- Technical certifications including Cisco and ITIL v3.
- Change Management or related experience.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external organizations.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.