Clinical Business Process Improvement Consultant
Business Improvement - Health Care Services Solutions Team
Strong preference forLouisville, KY or WAH is an option in any state
At Humana, we want to inspire people to live life fully by awakening them to the right choices for themselves and each other. As the healthcare industry changes and evolves, were changing too. Were growing and re-shaping to become an organization that is committed to helping people achieve lifelong well-being. Humana is an organization where change is constant, and we always have our consumers in mind. Were known as an innovator in our industry, with a history of being out front of where healthcare needs to go. We need people with a passion for helping others and making change happen. We dont want to be like everyone else in the industrywe want to be better. And were looking for talent that wants to grow, be challenged and inspired to help make that happen.
The successful candidate will work cooperatively with the Clinical Operations teams, with Technology, Experience & Optimization, Consumer Experience and other aligned partners, both locally and across the Company. The Clinical Business Process Improvement Consultant defines and leads business improvement projects aligned with business strategies and Clinical Operations priorities. He or she will lead systems implementation, program execution, operations and/or process improvement engagements.
The Clinical Business Process Improvement Consultant will deploy world-class Six-Sigma and Lean methodologies to drive Process Improvement and Cost-Reduction throughout the Health Care Services segment. This Clinical Business Process Improvement Consultant will support improvement initiatives in support of the Clinical Operations, focusing on utilization management, care / case management, clinical claims review, and inbound / outbound call teams that support managing the health of members with both Medical and Behavioral health needs.
In addition, the candidate will provide leadership and mentorship to other LSS practitioners and business associates both within Business Improvement and will support business partners looking to develop a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Serve as Change Agent by partnering with Clinical Operations Leaders to define and to implement strategies to drive out Waste and Process Variation
- Develop and implement cost per, quality & outcomes measures and improvement initiatives helping drive cost reduction balanced with quality improvements
- Be a champion of the process of implementing Lean Systems in order to deliver significant Process Improvement and Cost Reduction for products and processes
- Partner with operations leadership to identify & achieve the assigned Cost Reduction Targets, with regular updates to Senior Management and by using specific reporting tools. This involves working with Finance / Clinical Technology to validate all benefits.
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable improvements.
- Develops projects through the DMAIC or Kaizen methodology (whichever best benefits the business), while considering potential project risks.
- Indirect leadership of cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are obtained.
- Deliver results with short deadlines and minimal supervision
- Monitors performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Facilitates meetings with management to review and examine project progress.
- Foster Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization, by mentoring and assisting other LSS practitioners, and by sharing Best Practices
- Conducts timely progress communications to all stakeholders
- Integrates LSS Best Practices in everyday business practices in order to provide additional value to the Business
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience of process improvement experience
- Proved implementation of improvement projects within Organization implementing across-the-board process improvement initiatives, including both tactical and strategic-level projects
- Have a full and effective confidence of process improvement tools and methodologies and metrics commonly used
- Proven Change Agent, with demonstrated abilities and successes in influencing and in motivating at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise and experience in Project Management, Problem Solving and Team Development
- Strong communication (presentation, verbal, written) skills-set, including ability to write documentation that would allow the user to fully understand the business process
- Ability to think analytically, apply analytical techniques and to provide in-depth analysis and recommendations to management using critical thinking and sound judgment
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial measures associated with process improvement, cost modeling and forecasting.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Software such as: Excel, PP
- Engineering degree
- Experience in in Health Insurance, Call Center or Manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time Six Sigma /Lean Expert experience highly desired
- Certified DMAIC Green Belt and/or Lean Leader Lean Expert, with practical expertise in all relevant Lean and Six-Sigma tools and methodologies
- Microsoft Project & Visio
- Strong analytical skills and high level of proficiency with Minitab or equivalent Statistical package
- SQL / SAS, ability to build code to query databases
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and its important to us too. Thats why were committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana. After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on whats happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.