Reimagine Wellness in Illinois.
Imagine Something New, Something Different.
See the world in fresh and vibrant ways. When you reimagine, perspectives change, potential is created and productive energy results. You can experience the difference new ways of thinking can make—for your career, your loved ones and your community—at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL). Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is reimagining wellness for our state and looking for original thinkers who aren't afraid to make dynamic contributions. People destined to reimagine what's possible.
We currently have an immediate opportunity in Marion for the following role:
Customer Advocate I
Job Number: SS-1024760
Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to assist members and physicians by responding to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner. Duties include: conducting research; spends approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business need.
* High school diploma OR GED.
* 6 months customer service experience OR 6 months experience in an office environment.
* Data entry and/or typing experience.
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical and organizational skills and independent decision making skills.
* Ability to spend approximately 90 of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* 9 months customer service experience.
* Experience working with various lines of business, i.e. CDHP, Medicare, Wellness, and Disease Management.
* Call Center experience is a plus.
* Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
* Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria as well the ability to work the hours of 9:30am to 6:00pm after training.
You could be asked to take an OnDemand digital video interview using HireVue. An email containing instructions would be sent to you.
Apply online at:
Previous applicants must reapply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Background investigations are required. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A Division of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
Candidates Must apply via our web site.