As a Customer Care Representative on the Group Benefits team, your primary role is to provide excellent customer service by answering customer questions about disability and leave management claims. In this role, youll help our customers rebuild their lives and get back to work as soon as reasonably possible after an unexpected event happens. The Hartford will provide you with 4 weeks of paid training, as well as ongoing coaching and development to ensure your success.
Locations: Bloomington, MN South Portland, OR South Plantation, Florida & Scottsdale, AZ
Start Date: 05/13/2019
- Training Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 4:30 PM EST and or 7:00 AM 3:30 PM PST
- Post Training Hours: To Be Determined; however must be available to work 9:00 am 6:00 pm per time zone
AS A CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE, YOU WILL
Handle calls daily within a contact center to discuss claim status and ensure compliance with policy provisions and state/federal regulations
Utilize active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need, and then leverage the knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions.
Take ownership to ensure that we go above and beyond to service each caller's needs, utilizing every touch point as an opportunity to build value and The Hartford brand.
Commit to learning and developing, including a better understanding of The Hartford products and business lines, both as an individual and as part of the group.
Act as a liaison with other departments to resolve problems.
Operate under the mindset of The Hartfords Behaviors: Deliver Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence.
QualificationsWHO YOU ARE?
- Youre a good listener and find motivation in helping others.
- Youre an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude.
- You possess exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- You have exceptional time management skills and are able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- You use excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual Spanish/English is a plus) to develop and enhance strong impactful customer relationships.
- Youre able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- You have the ability to multi-task; balancing both productivity and overall quality within established and measurable contact center metrics.
- You have exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- You have an associates degree (preferred).
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and upon completion obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training. Training may also include up to 2 weeks of travel to another Hartford location in the U.S. 100% attendance is required during training. You should have no schedule conflicts during training.
A pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email once you apply if you havent previously taken one in the past 6 months. Any appropriate next steps in the process will be shared within 1-2 weeks of receiving your completed assessment. Be sure to check e-mail regularly for any status updates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age