Responsible for aligning HR strategy and programs with business objectives by developing and implementing workforce plans and initiatives and providing solutions that drive positive employee and labor relations and support growth and drive business results. Reports directly to the Vice President, MRO Solutions. Strategic HR Business partner to Vice President, Contact Center Operations and Senior Leaders, Janesville, WI.
Delivers organizational excellence by identifying business needs and developing solutions by partnering with various HR COE leaders/ teams in areas such as inclusion and diversity, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, performance/career management, team member/leader development, succession planning, compensation, and employee benefits.
Partners with the US Contact Center LT and Janesville LT to ensure we have the human capital capability and resources required to enable growth, productivity and customer service goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities (covers the business or functional unit the role supports)
- Proactively influence and communicate the business strategy through knowledge of the
business and the market place
- Create the human capital strategy and plan to successfully execute the strategy;
partner across HR and with the business to implement solutions to close gaps and
create competitive advantage (develop and implement workforce plans, initiatives,
and solutions that drive positive employee and labor relations, support growth and drive
- Accountable to drive and ensure Talent Excellence (outstanding execution of everything that touches and shapes a great experience for each and every Grainger team member)
- Accountable to ensure we have the best talent and successors for all senior and critical roles
- Identify and bring awareness to unique or large HR-related business issues that scale across teams or functions; may actively lead solving for large scale HR issues, often leading others
- Influence business leaders to make the right decisions when it comes to people (managing people spend, providing a point of view on talent, etc.)
- Measure the effectiveness of the human capital strategy, programs and processes; refine and adjust as appropriate
- Improve engagement by ensuring the business strategy and plans are well understood by all and that goals and work are aligned with the right accountability
- Serve as cultural ambassadors that drive the desired cultural shifts needed to drive/ accelerate growth
- Provide tough coaching to leadership where appropriate to ensure that they do not go off-path or have a negative impact on their people
- Models outstanding people and ethical business leadership
- Actively participate as a member of the business/ functional leadership the role supports
- Drive and champions talent excellence within business/ function supported (influences business leaders to make the right talent decisions regarding performance management, career development, talent acquisition, etc.)
- Maintains the integrity of HR policies and processes
- Drive process and role clarity, understanding and proficiency within HR for all Key HR processes; effectively communicate in the business to achieve the desired process outcomes
- Identify business needs and process improvement opportunities; collaborate with COE's and Shared Services to assess and develop solutions to improve business results (includes inclusion and diversity, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, performance/ career management, team member/ leader development, succession planning, compensation and benefits)
- Champion process and program standardization wherever possible by leveraging Continuous Improvement and appropriate by providing input and maintaining the integrity of HR standards of excellence
- Regularly conduct effective workforce analysis and measurement to assess the health of the organization and talent (external and internal inputs); proactively communicate the information and implications with the business and HR; provide insight/ make recommendations regarding talent-related decision making
- Assess and vet new hires for fit and competence for organization/ roles
- Facilitate higher levels of employee engagement by training and coaching leaders to be more effective
- Continuously emphasize the value of positive recognition and constructive feedback
- Actively solicit employee feedback to assess the state of the organization; demonstrate the value of the feedback through action or acknowledgement; synthesize and communicate in a meaningful way
- Ensure due process and due diligence occurs for relevant employee relations issues
- Ensure appropriate learning and growth opportunities are identified and acted on for individuals and teams; know & help grow the talent
- Coach and facilitate the business through the appropriate change management steps to ensure successful execution of key business initiatives and projects (including right tools and resources)
- Help the business understand and value the importance of effective change management
- Build the business's capacity and willingness to change through knowledge sharing and communication; help employees see the bigger context
- Help team members understand and connect business and HR actions to business strategies and goals.
- Constantly identify and suggest better ways to organize work and people to deliver on business strategies and improve results.
- HR Functional Capability Builder:
- Identify and lead key priorities for the HR function
- Collaborate effectively with other HR partners to deliver timely, relevant, and consistent HR services and solutions
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining top HR talent
Work Experience - Minimum 7-10 years experience of progressively increasing Human Resources Generalist responsibility; managerial experience preferred. Candidate must possess demonstrated results in employee relations, organization development, employment and selection, employment law, compensation and talent management. Experience driving wholesale organizational transformation preferred.
Education - Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related equivalent experience.
Establish and Maintain Interpersonal Relationships - Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships within a diverse, cross-functional workforce to build strong internal partner relations.
Make Decisions and Solve Problems - Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Guide, Direct, and Motivate - Provide guidance and direction HRG team, including the establishment of performance standards and monitoring performance.
Coach and Develop Others - Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help leaders to improve their knowledge or skills.
Communication - Effective verbal and written communication with individuals at all levels.
Negotiation - Outstanding ability to influence and build relationships both within the organization and with external sources, as needed.
Travel ' up to 30% of time (domestic)
Location ' Lake Forest