What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a candidate to provide oversight to the Air Force for circuit implementation and activation for customer locations and oversee a secure connection to the Internet. As functions of this you will also participate in the network performance improvement process to the Internet and to select Air Force missions applications in the cloud; participate in the innovation process for network services and scalability; participate in identifying government policies inhibiting effective commercial service offerings; as well as participate as a team member in Partner PMO activities.
Positon is located in Colorado Springs or Boston
Duties will include:
- Delivery to Partners of a schedule in a format that is typically used in commercial Network as a Service migrations.
- Overseeing of Verizon reports submitted to Partners.
- Monitoring ongoing service management to ensure compliance with SLAs and SOWs.
- Preparing performance, service level reports, and briefings.
- Managing dashboard reporting and metrics.
- Leading efforts to develop and maintain contractual deliverables.
- Working with the customer to remedy any incidents of noncompliance.
- Supervising project teams to take on specific initiatives.
- Supervising program/project operations through the development of management procedures and controlling, planning, and directing project execution, monitoring and reporting progress, and managing programs/projects.
Daily program management throughout the program life cycle includes:
- Defining the program governance (controls).
- Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress.
- Managing the program’s budget.
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies.
- Managing and utilizing resources across projects.
- Managing stakeholders’ communication.
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change manager.
- Managing the main program documentations such as the program initiation document; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for...
People know you for your creative problem solving and your sound judgment. You can communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including top executives. You’re always eager to take on complex problems and see them through to resolution, which earns you the trust of your customers. Putting customers first is not just a part of your job—it’s part of who you are.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of project or program management experience in telecommunications or Network As A Service (NaaS)
- Six or more years of experience working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Knowledge and understanding of the United States Air Force command structure
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Active Security clearance
- Air Force experience
- Experience in LAN/WAN and Security. Ideally, with overall telecom and IT integration.
- Experience with Service Desk Support, Business Intelligence (BI), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), and/or Configuration Management (CM).
- Experience with Information Management and/or Asset & Mobility Device Management.
- Experience with Platform As A Service (PAAS), Data Management and Reporting, Physical and Virtual Server Management and/or Continuity of Operations Programs (COOP).
- Experience with Exchange Server Management, SharePoint Server Monitoring, Active Directory monitoring, and/or Visio software.
- ITIL certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.