What you’ll be doing...
Billing setup requirements management
- Developing billing hierarchies for clients through presale billing meetings, ensuring client services are integrated to the appropriate Verizon billing platforms.
- Identifying and implementing billing process improvements for areas deemed as deficient by clients.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the products and services offered by Verizon and their billing and process capabilities as it is relevant for the clients.
- Making billing/process change recommendations.
- Ensuring services ordered are valid per contract.
- Proactively tracking and updating assigned orders including client name, order value, order number, expected bill date (and other values), and order status for internal use.
- Ensuring order completion within provisioning SLA timeframes; alerting management if orders are at risk of meeting negotiated due dates.
- Reviewing SLA provisioning credits for accuracy before posting.
New order billing
- Completing product and services set up in the billing system (when new services do not automate into the billing system) to ensure NRC and MRC charges bill on time and accurately.
- Clearing any exception, reconciliation, or error suspense reporting by making the proper services updates in the billing system to maximize revenue.
- Completing internal invoice reviews during the QA cycle to ensure accuracy and correct any billing errors before the monthly production bill cycle begins.
- Performing first invoice reviews with clients for newly installed services, and last invoice reviews of disconnected services to ensure billing has been terminated within contract timeframes.
- Conducting billing research and problem resolution, including opening billing inquiry tickets or handling customer opened tickets - closing tickets within target timeframes.
- Handling credit requests and research, including opening tickets, collecting invoice copies, root cause analysis, ensuring corrective actions are completed by responsible teams, $100K script creation (as needed) and settlement documentation and approvals.
- Educating clients regarding on-line portal billing capabilities and billing report availability as well as functionality of other portal applications (Ticketing, Inventory, VOIP Management, etc.)
- Ensuring clients are CPNI authorized and entitled properly to gain access to portal applications.
- Confirming services are billing in accordance with contract requirements.
Accounts receivable financial management
- Tracking customer billing against purchase order values to ensure adequate funding is available to pay outstanding charges.
- Assisting the Customer Financial Services team by identifying billing issues that may lead to client short-payment of charges.
- Tracking and trending accounts receivables to ensure outstanding client balances are within acceptable targets.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in finance, accounting or other related discipline.
- Complex billing and auditing experience.
- Public Sector customer service experience.
- Understanding of telecommunications services customer contracts.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.