GCM Senior Corp Trader IRD
* Primary role is to manage all Bank Interest Rate Derivative products sales and trading with GCM team collaboration in all markets.
* Responsibility for total IRD group NII generation along with individual NII sales targets (This is a Working Manager position)
* Direct management responsibilities of all GCM IRD Corporate Traders, training and development along with and overview of outstate GCM IRD business development staff.
* Maintain and oversee all front office risk control of IRD trading offsets for customer and dealer bank offsets, credit limit controls, and error resolution.
* Assist department in all IRD new business development opportunities working with all internal RM peers and needed management.
* Oversee Front Office needs and system requirements for IRD risk trading management systems, OpenLink, Bloomberg, Salesforce Converge, Trio, etc.
* Liaison and partner with GCM Operations management for all customer ongoing trade Lifecyle needs. Give training when needed.
* Interface with other GCM regional managers in all markets for planning, idea sharing, risk management structuring strategies/programs.
* Manage the IRD team to maintain an extreme level of trade accuracy when: suppling client quotes, trade offsets, exposure limit maintenance and human error when on all trading.
* Consistently insure staff adheres to all bank KYC, AML, CIP and department specific policies risk management policies.
* Direct reports PMP development, yearly evaluations and general administrative duties
* Hiring and remediation of all IRD staff
* Daily Interaction risk and P&L review with GCM Manager
IRD activities include but are not limited to: Highest knowledge level of all IRD products and client application, Swap documentation (ISDA), Dodd Frank regulatory compliance documentation (ECP, GMEI), recap interpretation and credit approval requirements, loan pricing and amortization dynamics, loan prepayment concepts, interest rate markets, knowledge of Openlink derivative system for pricing and analytics and Bloomberg. Excellent knowledge of all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements as it relates to IRD products and insuring that staff management is always in full compliance.
Minimal Travel is required for this position.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
* 3 years of direct IRD sales experience
* 2 years' experience working in an open floor trading environment
* 3 years of management experience in banking or financial institution.
* 5 years customer service experience
* 5 years experience with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
* 3 years economics and macroeconomic systems analysis
* 3 years experience in Market Risk Management position or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled