The Hartford's Contact Center Technology team is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Senior Developer to support the building of new applications and maintaining the existing applications on the Genesys Pure Engage Cloud Platform. This role will be responsible for analyzing, planning, designing and developing quality based Contact Center solutions. This role provides exposure to emerging IVR and Omni-Channel technology and a great opportunity to work on highly visible projects across all areas of The Hartford. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership skills and have experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision.
In addition, candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business
Responsibilities of the position include:
Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
Work closely with business customer and business analyst in documenting application requirements.
Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business processes, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces
Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation
Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
Work closely with stakeholders to design and document the contact center solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas
Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
High level of independence but is also a team player
Consults with functional management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs.
Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools.
Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
Reviews the disaster recovery plan to ensure that new systems promote uninterrupted systems operation.
May coordinates activities with IT unit heads (e.g., database, operations, telecommunications, technical support, etc.).
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience developing Contact Center solutions
- Solid knowledge and experience working with Genesys Solutions
- Working knowledge of peripheral components and how those interact with Genesys
- Excellent knowledge developing Contact Center Applications (for IVR Routing Omni Chat etc.)
- Knowledge of SIP infrastructure Genesys Administrator GAX Agent Configurations (CME) URS ORS Genesys PureEngageCloud (PEC) and Genesys Workspace Web Edition (WWE) are preferred.
- Extensive experience building and leveraging reusable services patterns and frameworks
- Experience in formal software engineering methodologies including test-driven development and agile development (scrum/sprints)
- Proven ability to quickly master business domains of enterprise applications
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals
- Working knowledge of Genesys Administration
- Excellent analytical skills. Must have the ability to understand problems identify root cause and derive potential solutions.
- Ability to apply technical/end-user knowledge to a range of situations
- Proficient in SQL and RDBMS
- This role will be responsible for leading key Genesys Enterprise initiatives and interfacing n the team and other Business Solutions teams. Business client relationships at all levels including relationships with third party suppliers.
- Demonstrate sound technical expertise for relevant engineering discipline/s.
- Has solid working knowledge of product capabilities of the current technologies. Innovative mindset problem solving skills.
- Understand market and industry trends within related technical domains.
- Possesses strong analytical skills in order to effectively influence recommendations and decision-making assess impacts compare solutions and achieve business and/or technical objectives.
- Developing understanding of how assigned technologies fit within broader technical environment.
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- At least six typically eight or more years experience in IT systems analysis and application program development or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle the client area's functions and systems and application program development alternatives.
- Requires excellent communication skills analytical ability strong judgment and management skills and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.