Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 22,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Manager, Inside Sales leads a team of 10-12 Grainger Sales Representatives and is directly responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for $30 million in sales. This individual is responsible for the hiring, talent and performance management of their direct reports.
This role is directly responsible for the planning and execution of all selling activities including: district/customer planning, goal and driver metric attainment, forecasting, goal setting, cross functional partnerships and tools/technology usage. The Manager, Inside Sales manages the progress of their sales team to expand market penetration and generate revenue through leadership, coaching, and professional development while keeping aligned with the company’s medium customer strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in B2B solution-based selling environment focused on revenue attainment and goal orientation. Inside sales experience is desired.
- Experience cold calling and acquiring new customers.
- Results orientation and preferred candidates will have a history of proven success in leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform in the moment coaching as well as formalized structured development
- Experience in talent management and performance management
- Financial acumen with history of ability to forecast, manage pipeline, recognize trends, proactively advancing concerns
- An assertive personality, high energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead sellers and positively influence Grainger customers
- Competence with computer software and a CRM
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree
Candidates for this role will demonstrate the ability to:
- Coach – Quickly uncover seller strengths and gaps and appropriately coach to those respective areas. Coaches consistently to the Medium Customer sales process and value proposition. Ability to analyze territory and assist IS’s with successful plan to prioritize, penetrate and grow within respective territory.
- Accountability – Holds sellers and themselves accountable for high performance measurements, profitable revenue growth and consistent offer execution. Comfortable having tough and frequent performance conversations. Follow through on expectations is a must.
- Critical Thinking – Can take data, reports, etc and determine trends and outliers and apply that knowledge to accelerate or improve performance. Has ability to dive into root cause to apply the appropriate solution or decision.
- Time Management – Organize and prioritize workload in order to provide maximum support to team members.
- Visible – Is physically present in the workflow. Available to deliver “one minute” coaching, reward and recognition and answering questions in a way that develops independence.
- Creative – Develop new ideas to support continuous improvement of the inside sales team.
- Communication – Flex style to effectively communicate to both sellers and leaders on business needs, resources, challenges, and successes.
- Inspirational Leader – Energetic, positive attitude, competitive, leads by example, wants to win and knows how to motivate individuals and the team.
- People Management – Maintain high performance standards, resolve day to day issues and ability to manage performance or behavioral issues. Can successfully implement the Inside Sales Management Process.
- Change Leadership – Lead team through change management curve to full ownership within appropriate timeframes.
- Messaging – Understands key messages that need to be delivered to the team and ability to communicate those messages in a clear, concise and consistent manner. Ability to articulate Grainger’s strategic vision and how the Medium Customer team contributes to the long term success of Grainger.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.