Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Under the general direction of the Mgr, Onsite Services, the KTL helps lead the daily operations of the territory to ensure that tactical plans are implemented to maximize implementations, sales and provide the highest levels of customer service. Assists in driving company initiatives and results with the OSR and OSAs. Creates and promotes an environment where team members are empowered, engaged and committed to the success of the company. Acts as business leader with the Sales and Branch partners.
- Demonstrated expert in KeepStock providing guidance and direction regarding the day to day activities of a team of OSR and OSAs in the territory
- Clarifies direction for team members by effectively communicating initiatives, priorities and company strategy.
- Assists Mgr, Onsite Service in driving the achievement of key operational metrics in the areas of customer satisfaction, sales, safety, development, and operational improvements.
- Provides frequent, direct, timely and candid feedback directly to team members to reinforce or enhance skills or to update team members on their progress toward meeting goals.
- Shares feedback with managers for further coaching and may recommend corrective action/counseling for team member(s)
- Facilitates team member on-boarding and on-going training.
- Delegates and assigns duties based on workload variance.
- Continually assesses processes for improvement opportunities using Continuous Improvement methodology. Suggests and implements changes to enhance defined processes and improve sales and service.
- Utilizes sound judgment and best practices to resolve complex customer concerns.
- Fosters open communication between local sellers, branch team and contact center.
- Supports company initiatives and projects. May own projects for a district level initiative.
- Services customers, manages new installs and is the “go-to person” in the absence of the Mgr, Onsite Service
- Possess a thorough understanding of KeepStock solutions and be able to articulate that to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years customer service and sales experience.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Passion for customer service, sales and people development with an ability to energize others.
- Good interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with internal team members and external customers.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results.
- Ability to understand and articulate the vision of KeepStock to all employees.
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate work.
- Ability to train people on processes, procedures, compliance and product knowledge. Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications including SAP.
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment as needed.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.