Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Manage customer experience insights for several functions within the Grainger enterprise, providing strategic consultation to appropriate levels of management across several functional areas.
- Interpret, leverage and share results to explain customer behavior, improve operational planning and enable informed decisions that contribute to the bottom line.
- Partner with functional stakeholders to envision, plan and operationalize new standard work to improve the customer experience. (Online, contact centers, branch network, supply chain, marketing, etc.)
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to understand customers’ satisfaction with their most recent experience, improving the customer experience, ultimately reduce customer churn and drive revenue growth.
- Partners with other members of CX and Insights function, ensuring findings are accurate, timely and synergistic with other customer insights shared with the organization
- Balances competing deadlines, business partners, project work and priorities for multiple staff members.
- Serve as a CX champion when working on cross-functional teams.
- Create compelling reports and deliverables that are comprehensive, insightful and facilitate decision-making.
- Demonstrate advanced and confident communication and decision-making skills, both verbal and visual.
- Serve as a diplomatic problem solver and communicator.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Years of experience: 8+
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, marketing research/marketing sciences, data analytics, (advanced degree strongly preferred).
- Experience in multichannel business models preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer experience/satisfaction management/measurement capacity required.
- Previous experience in development of standard work processes or a similar capacity is required.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated expertise with research techniques and designs
- Familiarity with and hands on operational expertise with CX-type platforms, Firsthand experience with Confirmit a plus
- Experience in B2B experience and/or MRO industry considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience in conducting, analyzing, and interpreting trended data
- Creative problem solving and interpretive reasoning
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix-managed environment
- Job is based in either downtown Chicago or Lake Forest IL.
- Travel to alternate offices within the Chicago area is required up to twice per week.
- Overnight travel: no more than 15%
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.