About the Role
InDemand Interpreting is changing how millions of patients communicate with their healthcare providers through our Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services. InDemand was founded with the vision to ensure every patient receives the highest quality healthcare, regardless of language, cultural background or disability.
Our professional medical interpreters serve our growing client base of over 800 healthcare providers across the United States. We are looking for a dedicated Manager of Remote Interpreting Services to provide exceptional interpreting services through the oversight and day-to-day management of the remote interpreting team. The manager will work to ensure proper staffing for call volume as well as support and maintain professional and motivated employees, while ensuring the highest quality of service regards to interpreter skills, ethics and adherence to InDemand Interpreting standards. The Manager of Remote Interpreting Services will report to the Senior Manager of Interpreting Services.
• Supervise and manage daily operations of the remote video interpreting team.
• Strive to maintain a pleasant work environment.
• Participate in the interview process of video interpreter candidates.
• Be a resource to the team when navigating customer, technology, scheduling, and human resource needs.
• Review and approve time cards to ensure seamless payroll processing
• Maintain regular operational details, reports, and metrics to monitor interpreter performance.
• Train and coach new interpreters
• Work with Senior Manager of Interpreting Services to provide on-going feedback to interpreters
• Ensure the highest level of quality service is delivered to all customers by providing day-to-day coaching and feedback to the team and/or individuals. Collaborate with Senior Manager of Interpreting Services to provide support for individual remote interpreters and the team.
• Monitor for performance and adherence to protocols. Monitor calls when necessary for support and/or coaching opportunities.
• Work closely with Interpreter Quality to support professional growth, development, adherence to company quality standards, and training of remote interpreters.
• Responsible for all performance improvement plans and if needed, terminations. Close partnership with Senior Manager of Interpreting Services is necessary for all interpreter performance development.
• Work with manager to determine collaboration with other team members to best leverage their skills and assets on special assignments as approved and determined in the best interest of the customers and the team.
• Build strict adherence to scheduling and attendance policies. Determine approval processes as necessary to protect the service levels and no paid overtime.
• Maintain shift checklist with all usernames, passwords, websites, and contacts to be referenced each shift for all new and existing employees
• Maintain any existing professional certifications
• Other duties as assigned
Work Experience Requirements
• Prior experience managing language access services
• Prior experience supervising interpreters of multiple languages and cultures
• Prior experience supervising remote employees
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
• Minimum 2 years in the healthcare field
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
• Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
• Strong oral/written skills
• Strong coaching and professional development skills
• Knowledge of the interpreting profession and the effective operations of video remote interpreting services
• Excellent multitasking skills, time management, and ability to problem solve in stressful situations
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Abides by the NCIHC Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Health Care
• Ability to multitask in a fast -paced environment
• Ability to plan and complete assignments on time
• Possess multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
Get to Know Us
InDemand Interpreting is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Submit your application online:http://indemandupgrad.wpengine.com/job-opportunities/?hireology_job_id=228047
Candidates Must apply via our web site.