Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our nearly 25,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Develop and execute communications and change management programs to introduce and gain adoption of strategies and initiatives within the North American Contact Center team and with key stakeholders. Provide counsel and coaching to help Contact Center (CC) Operations leaders communicate effectively and engage CC team members across the Americas.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1) Contact Center Network Communications
- Design and lead communication effort to promote engagement of NA CC team members, with a focus on building positive employee relations, incorporating the voice of the customer into ongoing communications, and driving alignment around a common set of priorities.
- Serve as a member of the CC Leadership Team, providing counsel and support on issues and events where there are internal communications opportunities or challenges. Serve as a communication coach to CC Directors, including providing support for external media opportunities as needed.
- Develop strong understanding of the CC audience and the best ways to reach team members who work answering calls or email on a daily basis both within our work centers and with Work From Home team members. Actively collaborate with Corporate Communications and other areas of the business to ensure company-wide messages are communicated to CC team members in a relevant and timely manner.
2) Deployment Communications
- Develop and lead communication program to deploy the Contact Center strategy to NA CC team members. Develop tools to help leaders articulate the strategy and design ways to provide regular progress updates while reinforcing the role team members play in strategy execution.
- Manage multiple projects related to deploying process, policy and systems changes concurrently, identifying and elevating resource constraints, roadblocks and deliverables and developing recommendations to supplement team with other internal and external resources as required.
- Coach initiative leaders on appropriate strategies for implementing process and tool changes, including definition of channels, sequencing and timing of content, and validation steps as required.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize support for strategic initiatives, and prepares communications plans, key messages, presentations and other supporting materials as needed.
- Develop & refine core messages and ensure communication plans are integrated and aligned across functions to ensure a clear & consistent articulation of business strategy.
- Create relevant strategic communication playbooks and templates to help leaders more efficiently and effectively communicate with their teams and better scale communications resources to areas of greatest impact.
- Provide strategic direction to teams managing deployment communications for various functions.
- Measure and assess the overall effectiveness / impact of communications activities. Use data to make decisions on future communications.
Impact of Job
- Grainger CC team members understand the direction Grainger and the CC organization is headed, their role in getting there and feel a sense of commitment and energy to bring their best to work every day.
- Large scale initiatives are communicated in a way that creates engagement, contributing to success of program and company results
- Leaders' understand the role of communications in leadership and feel empowered to communicate with their teams, using effective tools from the communications team.
- Team member engagement is strengthened; in particular perceptions of senior leadership transparency & visibility, leader communication effectiveness, understanding company direction and change management results improve.
- Ensures CC brand is represented accurately and positively in all communications.
- Serves as a CC ambassador who builds strong relationships internally & with key stakeholders that advance CC position with key stakeholders and drive broader awareness of the organization's priorities & programs.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Three to five years of experience in a function leading communications to a large, multi-site team, preferably involving operations. Preferably holds a degree in journalism, communication or business and equivalent experience.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate complex business issues into readily understandable, creative and strategic communications for a variety of audiences
- Effective collaborator able to develop solid working relationships with business partners across the organization. Strong leadership skills that foster teamwork, mutual support, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated project management, planning and organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation. Able to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to counsel and make effective recommendations to leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel within and outside the US; up to 20%, depending on business need.
'Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.'