Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead 14 - 15 sellers to exceed revenue and profitability goals by penetrating targeted customers and acquiring new customers leveraging the sales management process.
• Attract, hire, train and develop top inside sales talent for assigned customer base and ensure the inside sellers are demonstrating our value proposition to medium customers.
• Build and execute coaching plans that focus on: people, process & activity (drives focus, results through others, delivers according to timelines, effective in fast paced environment)
• Identify and develop future leaders through the use of Performance Excellence and succession planning.
• Observe, assess and coach to the execution of the driver metrics, value proposition and medium customer offers.
• Takes initiative to understand market conditions, their assigned customer segment, competition, environment and customer needs.
• Demonstrate sales ability, sales process and maintain relationships with critical accounts.
• Collaborate with internal partners such as contact centers, marketing, offer development and sales support to drive revenue and remove barriers for their teams.
• Effectively leads in a changing environment and demonstrates strong agility
• Strong focus on territory planning including making recommendations to move customers to a different coverage model or seller.
Candidates for this role will demonstrate the ability to:
• Coach – Quickly uncover seller strengths and gaps and appropriately coach to those respective areas. Coaches consistently to the Medium Customer sales process and value proposition. Ability to analyze territory and assist IS’s with successful plan to prioritize, penetrate and grow within respective territory.
• Accountability – Holds sellers and themselves accountable for high performance measurements, profitable revenue growth and consistent offer execution. Comfortable having tough and frequent performance conversations. Follow through on expectations is a must.
• Critical Thinking – Can take data, reports, etc and determine trends and outliers and apply that knowledge to accelerate or improve performance. Has ability to dive into root cause to apply the appropriate solution or decision.
• Time Management – Organize and prioritize workload in order to provide maximum support to team members.
• Visible – Is physically present in the workflow. Available to deliver “one minute” coaching, reward and recognition and answering questions in a way that develops independence.
• Creative – Develop new ideas to support continuous improvement of the inside sales team.
• Communication – Flex style to effectively communicate to both sellers and leaders on business needs, resources, challenges, and successes.
• Inspirational Leader – Energetic, positive attitude, competitive, leads by example, wants to win and knows how to motivate individuals and the team.
• People Management – Maintain high performance standards, resolve day to day issues and ability to manage performance or behavioral issues. Can successfully implement the Inside Sales Management Process.
• Change Leadership – Lead team through change management curve to full ownership within appropriate timeframes.
• Messaging – Understands key messages that need to be delivered to the team and ability to communicate those messages in a clear, concise and consistent manner. Ability to articulate Grainger’s strategic vision and how the Medium Customer team contributes to the long term success of Grainger.
All candidates must have:
Candidates for this role will have:
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience in B2B solution-based selling environment focused on revenue attainment and goal orientation. Inside sales experience is desired.
• Experience cold calling and acquiring new customers.
• Results orientation and preferred candidates will have a history of proven success in leading teams
• Demonstrated ability to perform in the moment coaching as well as formalized structured development
• Experience in talent management and performance management
• Financial acumen with history of ability to forecast, manage pipeline, recognize trends, proactively advancing concerns
• An assertive personality, high energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change
• Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead sellers and positively influence Grainger customers
• Competence with computer software and a CRM
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree
• Office environment with high team orientation and sales focus
• Sales incentive will be driven by team achieving or exceeding activity metrics and customer revenue goal.
• Travel is minimal for this role and estimated less than 10%
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.