What you’ll be doing...
This position is located within a 24x7x365 network monitoring and support center, where you will work 12 hour shifts. The Network Control Center (NCC) supports the Macy’s Department Stores network.
- Demonstrate expertise using network monitoring tools to proactively monitor and operate 860+ network sites supported by 2700+ devices.
- Perform Network troubleshooting to support Macy’s voice, video and IP-data traffic.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for the MST network, including troubleshooting voice, video and data (IP) traffic.
- Prepare documentation of network problems in the Remedy IR data base system.
- Monitor and trouble shoot DS0’s, T1’s, SIP, PIP, EVPL, DS3’s, OC3s, BRI-PRI (ISDN), FIOS, EVDO, DSLs, and B1 circuits.
- Engage Cisco TAC and work through router related problems.
- Engage AT&T, Cincinnati Bell, Level 3, Sprint, Time Warner, Verizon IXC’s and LEC/CLECs support groups to aid in trouble diagnosis and repair.
- Communicate with personnel by sending text pages with outage information and updates.
- Facilitate outage teleconference bridges effectively.
- Complete daily/nightly NCC check lists and turn over documents.
- Take customer calls and work with them to understand technical related issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with the Internet Protocol (IP) suite.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Technical Networking certifications.
- General knowledge of telecommunications technologies including: TCP-IP, Packet Voice, WAN, Frame-Relay, MPLS, TDM, and LAN technologies, and the inter-working of these technologies, encompassing voice, data, broadband, VoIP, IPT, and Internet services, and the deployment and implementation of these services.
- Good knowledge and experience with the Internet Protocol (IP) suite, including protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, and their relationships and integrations in large-scale networks.
- First-hand working knowledge of network monitoring tools like HP OpenView, CIC-NetCool, Cisco WAN Manager, SolarWinds, NetView, RMON probes.
- Knowledge of the Remedy trouble-ticketing database system used for IR’s and Change Management.
- General understanding of the overall industry direction with regard to telecommunication technologies and the applications they will support.
- Knowledge of Cisco router products (2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 3900, 5300, 7200, 7500, ASR).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document network outages and activities performed to restore outages.
- Excellent customer care skills including experience handling customer related technical calls.
- Networking experience in a NOC/NCC environment.
- CCNA and/or CCNP Cisco certifications.
- IPT and SIP experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.