This position is for a Senior Scrum Master in the Enterprise Shared Service IT organization aligned to Contact Center and Enterprise Voice team. This team is passionate about delivering business value and continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of a Senior Scrum Master include:
- Supports and facilitates generally two Scrum Teams in various functions by fostering Agile values and practices
- Ensures team adherence to Agile principles. Provides coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework. Acts as a role model for servant leadership
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders (Retrospectives, Sprint Planning, etc)
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team
- Facilitate team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team
- Arranges daily stand-up meetings, facilitates/schedules meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process
QualificationsStrong Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum Kanban XP etc.
Strong knowledge of Scrum theory rules and practices
Strong knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs includes fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
Strong Knowledge about Agile techniques: User Stories Continuous Integration Test Driven Development Continuous Testing Pairing Automated Testing Burn Down Metrics Velocity etc.
Resource Management Skills- ability to determine supply and demand and obtain necessary resources across a matrixed organization to complete the work successfully
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **