What you’ll be doing...
You will own our relationship with one or more strategic clients who operate large, highly secure corporate and e-commerce systems. Working with small teams of client delivery employees, you will deliver projects, maintain operational stability and ensure overall client satisfaction. The strategic relationships you develop with clients, third-party vendors and service delivery partners will be critical to our overall success.
- Advocating for the customer using a deep understanding of their systems, business priorities and strategic direction.
- Managing daily operations to ensure the delivered performance and services match customer needs.
- Consulting with clients on challenges with their systems to deliver operational improvements and a tailored customer experience.
- Facilitating problem solving and technical resolution meetings between internal client engineers and the client.
- Ensuring consistent increases in service and system performance over the lifecycle of the business relationship.
- Managing and coaching directly and indirectly client delivery personnel including engineers, project and account managers.
As Service Delivery Manager, you will be managing, scaling and championing professional services in an emerging market -- drones! At Skyward, professional services range from business operations consulting, to FAA regulatory waivers, to personnel training, drone procurement, and configuring enterprise software for customer use cases. You will be responsible for overall program management of Skyward’s professional services. You will collaborate cross-company and with our partners to expand and execute our professional services products. You will spend time with prospects and customers, gaining a deep understanding of their needs, challenges and opportunities and scoping solutions in order to drive sales.
You are passionate about technology, drones, aviation, SaaS or all of the above. You’re a driven self-starter with a high level of personal integrity and curiousity, who can collaborate across teams. And, you’re a strong communicator with a professional services background.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drive professional services strategy including partnering with Product and Customer Success to scale services and delivery
- Find and manage external partners, aligning the right partner(s) for the right projects, defining roles and responsibilities and negotiating and executing reseller and contractor agreements
- Identify aspects of professional services that can be incorporated into SaaS platform
- Align internal resources and external partners for successful delivery of professional services packages
- Identify and implement tools, services and processes that improve software platform, professional services and service delivery
- Support pre-sales activity, helping identify customer needs, challenges and opportunities and how they align to Skyward’s solutions
- Drive scope of work development and create repeatable deliverables
- Partner with Customer Success, transferring knowledge for project management and delivery
- Engage customer in issue resolution/decisions and drive alternatives
- Partner with Sales Enablement to drive effective sales practices
- Measure and share results of professional services investment cross-company
- Foster open communication and create feedback loops that improve our product and delivery
- Recommend process and service improvements; implement changes that increase customer success
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to understand customer priorities and translate them into business plans. As a technical expert in customer systems, you align capabilities to deliver complex solutions with continually high levels of customer service. You enjoy solving problems and driving every day to ensure client satisfaction.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience managing large complex systems from an operational management perspective.
- Experience managing projects using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Experienced in e-commerce site operations and/or airlines.
- Experience negotiating, closing and maintaining multi-million dollar service contracts.
- Experience in technology management and/or IT consulting.
- Knowledge of three tier web application systems, UNIX and Windows Operating Systems, Networking and Scripting.
- Troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Prior database operations experience.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to client sites.
- 5+ years of operations management experience, leading a service or software delivery team
- 5+ years of client management with experience in managing multiple projects with internal and external teams
- 3+ years of systems integration experience, preferably with enterprise SaaS customers
- Commercial drone and/or aviation experience a plus
- Proven experience in pre-sales, scoping and delivery of professional services projects, preferably with a SaaS company
- Strong technical and business vision with the ability to execute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to drive a professional services strategy with a customer
- Ability to recognize needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Ability to work cross-company boundaries with people of different perspectives, personalities and experiences
- Willingness to tackle any challenge, even if not directly relevant to core competencies
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward, Verizon Telematics
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.