Start Date: August 20, 2018
Responsibilities for Short Term Disability Analyst:
- Manages assigned caseload of short term and leave management cases
- Effectively manage claim duration and productivity to established targets
- Maintain high level customer focus and provide service deliverables on time
- Daily prioritization decisions with an emphasis on Intake/Adjudicate process variations
- Ensure the accuracy of case management and claim information, and compliance with policy provisions and state/federal regulations
- Make accurate claim payments in accordance with the terms of the contracts
- Compile and update accurate account and process information. Recognizes problems, identify trends and summarize information for improvement recommendations
- Utilizes appropriate resources to assist with claim, desk and process management
- Meet/exceed established performance standards (i.e. MPR objectives)
QualificationsWhat are we looking for:
- Passion to provide superior customer service required
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications preferred
- Proficient ability managing daily call volume (average 30)
- Call Center/Contact Center experience is a plus
- Strong ability to navigate multiple computer screens and software required
- One year experience as service representative or successful completion of training program strongly preferred
- Prior business/office experience a plus. Strong math aptitude preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred Associate's degree also considered
- Ability to work full time 40 hours per week
Behaviors at The Hartford:
Deliver Outcomes Drive exceptional performance to move the company forward.
Work as a Team Collaborate inclusively to achieve the best results.
Build Strong Partnerships Create lasting value through trusted relationships.
Strive for Excellence Always look for ways to continuously improve
As a condition of employment you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and upon completion obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training. Training may also include up to 3 weeks of travel to another Hartford location in the U.S. 100% attendance is required during training. You should have no schedule conflicts during training.
Once you apply online youll receive a link via email to complete an automated assessment assuming you havent previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age