Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our nearly 25,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Provide leadership to the overall operation of the Contact Center. Creates an environment that is conducive to achieving operational measurements with a focus on providing exceptional customer service. This role will work closely with business partners to support the company strategic initiatives. The Sr. Manager is empowered to make key strategic decisions impacting every aspect of the Contact Center. Delivers customer service goals, P&L performance and to build a culture of Continuous Improvement.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages, plans, and directs the overall service related activities for at least one large Contact Center group/unit.
- Develops and monitors the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets productivity, service and exceeds quality standards.
- Manages the activities of leaders in a section or department with accountability for goals, objectives, and operational policies.
- Participate in the development of functional strategy.
- Has overall accountability for hiring, termination, performance and salary decisions.
- Identifies, analyzes, organizes, and leads operational development opportunities that are scalable throughout the Customer Service organization that enhances the Contact Center strategy.
- Partner with Operations Manager to ensure exceptional service and operational excellence of the regional contact center and remote workforce to make Grainger our Customers’ First Choice.
- Provides direct leadership to 8-9 Managers and indirect leadership to 200+ team members, in non-exempt positions to communicate strategy, direction and vision to align and achieve organizational objectives through efficient use of resources and talent.
- Make key decisions impacting every aspect of the Regional/National Contact Center, which includes activities that drive superior service, sales growth, strong customer relationships and internal partnerships, employee development, and expense/budget management.
- Ensures exceptional service and operational excellence of the Contact Center and virtual/WFH workforce to make Grainger our Customers’ First Choice.
- Routinely and proactively monitors the competitive landscape to stay informed about relevant industry trends. Reflects on potential benefits to Grainger and recommends Customer Service
- Builds a Continuous Improvement culture by making problems visible, challenging the status quo and promoting tools and methodologies that generate process improvements required to drive standardization and effectiveness.
- Sponsors initiatives and projects that deliver operational efficiencies and effectiveness. Empowers leaders and team members to design and implement Contact Center standard work.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of management experience in a service-focused environment
- 3+ years of experience in Contact Center environment or eCommerce Support function preferred
- Experienced in leading virtual or remote teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the Organization
- Demonstrate the ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects, and execute change leadership.
- Build strong networks to work cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to provide 24x7 team member support as needed
- Skilled in the application and use of computer and communications technology.
- Effectively utilize and interpret multiple data points to evaluate risk and make appropriate broad business decisions.
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”