Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our nearly 25,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Supervisor, Customer Experience is responsible for direct management of a team of 16 Customer Experience Agents. The leader role is the key to ensuring Grainger contact center teams are delivering peak performance. This is done by providing direct coaching to team members. The leader ensures engagement from the entire team and ensures that the team is able to overcome obstacles.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the daily operations of a team of representatives that support internal and external customers that want to place an order, have questions, or concerns regarding their account.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and evaluates work flow. Coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements.
- Identify and recommend operational improvements.
- Provides immediate supervision, monitors workflow, and assigns tasks, goals and objectives.
- Provides frequent, direct coaching and development to team members including daily huddles and weekly 1 on 1 coaching.
- Spends at least 60% of time directly working with team to guide development and performance.
- Reviews performance metrics, diagnoses root cause of underperformance and develops an improvement plan.
- Monitors phone calls on a regular basis and scores those calls based on internal quality standards.
- Keeps team informed of key events in the center and solicits feedback.
- Participates in the selection/hiring, on-boarding/training of new hires.
- Drives employee engagement through direct interaction and support. Celebrates team and individual success. Drives higher employee engagement scores as reflected in internal survey.
- Assists Workforce Management when needed to ensure resources are available when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory experience.
- Two years Contact Center supervsiory experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing TM's preferred.
- Passion for customer service, sales and team member development with an ability to energize others.
- Ability to train and coach team members on processes, procedures, compliance and product knowledge.
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate work.
- Ability to influence team members to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Experience using SAP, CRM, Impact 360 and other emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
'Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.'