The Supervisor, End User Support is responsible for day to day supervision of a team of PC Administrators accountable for quality support of Zoro end users' PC/Mac hardware & software, mobile devices, VoIP phones and video conferencing while also 'hands on' participating in those support activities. Additionally, team is responsible for auditable provisioning of user access to internal and external systems. Scope of user base includes the Buffalo Grove campus, the Chicago office, and the Janesville call center.
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,900,000 unique products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and assign day-to-day end user support issues/tasks across team while also executing some these same issues/tasks as a team member
- Coordinate the setup and deployment of desktop and laptop computers, related PC peripherals, software installation, and user access provisioning
- Prioritize and assign user access provisioning to corporate systems in compliance with PCI and SOX audit requirements
- Maintain and manage inventory of hardware and software assets
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for end user support
- Function as primary point of contact for management and key users on urgent issues (Including off hour support)
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Lead development of end user support procedures and tool selection
- Lead team efforts for medium/large projects or internal initiatives
- Evaluate associate performance, identify goals and development opportunities for each team member
- Travel will be required occasionally for purposes of interacting with end users and team members at Buffalo Grove, Chicago, and Janesville, WI locations.
- 3+ years of computer hardware and software support experience in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing/leading operational support teams
- Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult situations
- Ability to take charge and act independently within scope of responsibilities
- Ability to train and mentor PC Administrators
- Keen attention to detail, with a commitment to follow through and follow-up
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and interact with all types of clients including technology, business, management, and executive management
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to both work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Thorough understanding of Windows and Mac Operating Systems; support of Chromebooks in a business environment a plus
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office 365 a plus
- Experience supporting mobile devices and video conferencing systems
- Expert level of knowledge of service desk policies and procedures
- 2 year college degree or applicable current technical certifications (Comptia A+, MCP, etc) preferred
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.