The purpose of the Team Leader position is to ensure that a high level of functional expertise and service is achieved for our Claims Contact Center. The Team Leader will lead a team of Call Center Representatives and Clinicians specializing in Disability Claims.
- Contribute to the efficiency of Disability Claim Office objectives through personal leadership.
- Responsible for talent management and employee development; culture and employee engagement; compliance/ethics; strategy and planning.
- Mentor team to follow established claim process and ensure compliance as outlined by The Hartford's claim practices and state/federal guidelines.
- Deliver superior service to internal and external customers. Ensure a positive customer experience is delivered through effective teamwork, a commitment to responsiveness, and focusing on our customer's needs.
- Ensure appropriate levels of productivity for the team/department and monitor claim/operating expenses
- Organizational skills ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects is essential.
- Must have a sense of urgency and meet deadlines through effective decision making and problem solving.
- Effective communications skills are required (oral written computer).
- Excellent customer service skills are necessary along with the ability to create and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Disability Claims or Call Center experience preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus (or success in mentoring employees in support of management initiatives).
- Ability to adapt to change and implement change initiatives is critical.
- DNA Badges highly preferred.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
- Deliver Outcomes
- Operate as a Team Player
- Build Strong Partnerships
- Strive for Excellence
This position will be physically located
in the Bloomington MN office.