What you’ll be doing...
Training begins August 9th, 2018!
The Business and Government Customer Operations (BGCO) Phone Tech Support Specialist position provides online support to internal and external customers through account servicing and maintenance for Business and Government Accounts. This individual is accountable for achieving business results through a best-in-class customer experience.
The capabilities of a successful Tech Support employee include:
- Embrace Change and Innovation – Helps create and accepts change. Conducive towards innovation to create greater value for customers, shareholders and other employees
- Adaptability and Growth – Able to receive feedback, apply coaching and key learning to improve job performance
- Systems Agility – Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer with ability to multi-task
- Communicate with Impact – Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, both internal and external, all while demonstrating the value of Verizon
- Empowered – Leverages skills and abilities to best support the customer as well as identify opportunities to drive growth and offer proactive solutions
- Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates personal commitment by adhering to Verizon’s Code of Conduct, guidelines, and participates in an inclusive environment where people can contribute their best
The BGCO Tech Support Team is also responsible for:
- Providing a high level of resolution support to multiple business customer types, adapting to their varying needs and requirements
- Delivering efficient customer support on large accounts, with the ability to be proficient in customer-facing systems.
- Being solution oriented and proactive, providing first call resolution eliminating repeat calls and reducing unnecessary transfers
- Selling the value of Verizon solutions by using strong communication and negotiation skills to improve the customer experience and increase company revenue
- Maintaining an in-depth level of knowledge regarding product offerings, network capabilities, and position them as strategic solutions in a business environment.
- Applying technical knowledge to resolve customer issues and provide assistance on evolving technologies through effective troubleshooting
- Assisting with escalations and large research requests
Benefits starting day one:!
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- 401(k) plan with acompany match up to 6%
- Onsite Fitness Facility with certified Personal Trainers
- Employee discount on services and devices
- Tuition assistance up to $8,000 per year
- Unlimited Career progression opportunities
- Paid time off, vacation, holidays
- Annual Bonus Program plus many more!
What we’re looking for...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Technical knowledge and likes working with technology
- Positive attitude
- Passion for assisting others and problem solving
- Experience working with computers and web based tools
Ideally, you'll also have:
- College degree and/or technical certification
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge or experience with wireless products and services
- Career oriented and self motivated
- Compassion for others
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.