KICK OFF YOUR CAREER IN SALES WITH GRAINGER!
We are looking for people to join our team who have a passion for creating a remarkable customer experience, while identifying opportunities to grow sales. This sales position benefits from being part of an exciting and entrepreneurial start-up division of Grainger, while still benefitting from the strength, stability, and resources of a publically traded Fortune 500 company, founded in 1927.
The Grainger Outbound Telesales Associate role is a proactive, phone-based position where you will manage an account package of medium-sized customers, build rapport, and teach them how to use Grainger’s purchasing technology. The accounts that are aligned to each Outbound Telesales Associate have little to no spend/contacts have never purchased from the company, and have little to no existing knowledge about the Grainger brand . Therefore, having the natural ability to quickly uncover new opportunities, build relationships, and get Grainger set up as an approved vendor, while communicating over the phone, will be paramount.
We encourage collaboration across teams and sharing of best practices. This role is an independent contributor role, and there are team huddles and side-by-side coaching sessions to help ensure your success.
essential duties & responsibilities
- Source new sales opportunities through 40+ outbound cold calls per day
- Work to form relationships, and build brand visibility and recognition in the marketplace
- Articulate a vision to help place Grainger distinctly in the minds of prospects
- Cold calling to sell new programs and promote cross-category purchases
- Work with customers on over-coming objections, and inspiring them to consider Grainger for all there maintenance needs
- Work with teammates to understand messages that resonate with customers
- Participate in team-building and training, where you will learn from colleagues and continue to develop your ability to add value to your customer relationships
- Keep detailed reporting data from your outbound calls in the CRM system