What you’ll be doing...
The Program Manager will provide program management and implementation support for a unified communication infrastructure project on customer premise in Washington DC.
- Successfully managing the discovery, design, implementation and support of all hardware, software, security, and management components into the existing customer boundary.
- Add additional technologies as they are required within scope and schedule.
- Drive customer requirements discovery sessions, documentation, implementation, testing, and acceptance.
- Support customer migrations on the new UC environment over the term of the contract.
- Frequently interface with the customer program and technical teams and will be required to conduct routine program reviews with Verizon and customer executives.
- Manage across multiple functional and technical groups within Verizon and subcontractors and should possess a strong understanding of UC projects.
- Coordination with security, NOC, SOC and customer security resources.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in Unified Communications.
- Knowledge of FISMA
- Experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- PMP Certification
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A college degree.
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical background with proven experience delivering on large and/or complex system integrations.
- Superb organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can collect and analyze data to make appropriate process/business decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to work on cross functional - multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly and frequently to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a self-starter who is motivated to achieve objectives and meet expectations.
- Basic understanding of the WITS and Network contracts.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.