WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
The Hartfords Personal Lines IT team is seeking a highly motivated Tech Lead responsible for the design and deployment of highly critical, complex solutions on the Verint KANA platform in support of Auto and Home Sales and Service. The successful candidate will serve as a technical architect and application specialist in the detailed design, build, and delivery of applications that solve our customers business challenges. The technical architect operates in a multi-function role often consisting of requirements analyst, systems analyst, architect, implementation designer, and implementer. This includes working closely with operations, maintenance and multiple project teams to deliver project deliverables on-time, on-budget, with exceptional quality and complete delivery of technical solutions. Additionally this leader will be responsible for driving efficiencies in IT spend across the Personal Lines business. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, proficiency in managing highly matrix technical teams, strong vendor management capabilities, business and technical acumen and significant experience in designing and delivering technical solutions.
Candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must possess the ability to translate business needs into efficient and effective technical solutions (communication with non-technical team members is as essential as communicating with technical team member). They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
- Support business process design workshops related to relevant processes for auto and home sales and service
- Assist with project estimation deliverables that drive project planning and work break-down structures of Tech Leads and Developers
- Completion of Technical Software Specification
- Serve as an expert in product capabilities, application design, and development
- Design and development of interfaces to back-end systems
- Lead a team of developers in support of project implementations
- Overall responsibility of code quality, code migrations, and package deployment
- Engage solution architect for solution validation and propose future product enhancements
- Compliance with all architecture directions, standards, and frameworks through cross organization consulting and direct involvement in development efforts
- Ensure appropriate environment configuration to support the application and integration points
- Identify, prioritize, and mitigate technical risks and issues within a project
- Increase re-use and reduce redundancy in applications and technology designs
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QualificationsWHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
What criteria do we use to Assess Hire Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Must possess four or more years of experience in Information Technology with a heavy concentration in development application architecture and integration design
- Good understanding of technologies used by call centers specifically one or more of the following:
- Business process management and workflow
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) integration patterns
- Telephony infrastructure (e.g. IVR CTI ICM)
- Knowledge management (e.g. Inquira Knova eGain RightNow KANA)
- Email management (e.g. KANA eGain RightNow)
- Business rules engines (e.g. Blaze ILOG etc.)
- Multiple channel access (e.g. phone web chat SMS forums blogs wikis)
- Business intelligence
- Portal solutions and frameworks (e.g. BEA ATG TIBCO IBM)
- Infrastructure storage networks
- Strong development experience using J2EE web services and database technologies
- Knowledge of infrastructure components middleware and SOA
- Strong architecture design and modelling skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of object oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with systems integration methods and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex analysis consulting and providing recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with business processes cross business unit initiatives System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and best practices of quality management
- The ability to prepare specifications and reports deliver oral presentations and explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to providing direction to cross-functional teams responsible for resolution of complex technical challenges
- Must be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers' business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with business partners peers vendors and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Background in the Property & Casualty industry is a plus
- BS or BA degree
- Highly organized excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple disciplines from highly technical team members to business consumers at the highest levels of leadership
- Ability to influence across multiple organizations and levels of leadership
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input understand analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge expense risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on Harvest (our enterprise continuous improvement effort) innovative problem solving and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **