CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST (PART-TIME) BILINGUAL/NO
Los Angeles, CA
CA - Los Angeles
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA)
TCU EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bulletin No: 000660-008 Job Title: CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST (PART-TIME) BILINGUAL/NON-BILINGUAL Closing Date: Open Until Filled Salary Grade: B04 Salary Range: Start Rate: $19.16 p/hr - Top Rate: $27.32 p/hr External/Internal: EXTERNAL Other Info: •The Metro Call Center operates 7 days a week
• Must be able to work weekends and any shift between the hours of 6:20 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• Must attend 4-6 weeks of mandatory full-time training Monday-Friday
• Bilingual positions will remain on an assigned bilingual position for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of completion of the training period
• Pay differential for bilingual is $1.50 per hour above the established rate
• Part-time employees work 15-28 hours per week
This bulletin is posted to establish an Eligibility List
This bulletin is posted to fill bilingual and non-bilingual positions.
Operates telephonic and computerized information equipment to assist customers with requested public transit information.
Example Of Duties
• Utilizes computerized telephone equipment to receive and respond to calls, emails and chats and for performance measurement
• Operates network computer, trip planning system workforce optimization and other software applications
• Receives and responds to inquiries from patrons regarding routes, schedules, fares and other general information
• Provides computerized information for Metro and other transit properties
• Uses maps, reference books and additional resources to determine walking instructions, detour, and other information when required
• Informs patrons of frequency of service, required transfer points, proper fares, transfer fees, and other service related information
• Performs other related duties
• Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
•2 years of recent experience working in a high volume Call Center assisting customers by phone performed during the last five years
• One year of experience performing customer service duties face-to-face or over the telephone with experience performing office clerical duties and demonstrated computer skills
• Must be bilingual in Spanish for bilingual position
• Experience assisting customers using email or chat is desirable
• Familiarity with transit, including public timetables, maps, and the ability to communicate geographical information is preferred
•Ability to understand and speak a language other than English may be required for some positions
• Required training is 40 hours per week for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
•Principles of business and telephone etiquette
• General office practices and procedures
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Multitask in a fast paced work environment
• Display exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ask probing questions, understand customer needs and complete transactions efficiently
• Follow oral and written instructions
• Understand and relay complex information using computer terminals, maps, and other sources of reference
• Convey information clearly, accurately, quickly, and courteously to the public
• Deal tactfully and effectively with the public and other departmental personnel
• Respond appropriately to inquiries and requests for information
• Type with accuracy at 35 net words per minute
• Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. (JD)
*Open to the public and all Metro employees
This job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
•Medical, Dental, Vision plans
•Group Life Insurance
•Social Security coverage
•Deferred Compensation 401 (k)
•Employee Assistance Program
•Flexible medical spending account
•Flexible dependent care account
•Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
1. Please indicate the dates and place of employment where you fulfilled the required experience for this position.
2. The Metro Call Center operates seven (7) days a week. Contact Center Specialists are responsible for disseminating information for over seventy (70) transit agencies including Metro in and around the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura. Contact Center Specialists are tethered to their workstation, required to meet performance metrics including average calls per hour, average wait time and logged in time. Computer screens, telephone calls, chats and emails are monitored for quality assurance and feedback is provided on a regular basis. Please indicate how many years of recent experience you have working in a high volume Call Center assisting customers by phone performed within the last five years?