WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES?
This position has responsibility of leading an average of 5-7 licensed Sales Representatives on-site in an inbound call center environment. Accountabilities include meeting/exceeding sales performance goals as well as call center service level measurements. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coaching, performance management, staff development, compensation and incentive budget administration, timekeeping administration, interviewing, hiring, communications, staff direction and team building. A Personal Lines Operations Sales Manager is accountable for supporting process improvement initiatives, and participating in special projects. Additional responsibilities include:
Performance Management & Results:
Accountable for achieving performance standards, provides direction and communicates team objectives and goals in alignment with organizational priorities. Manage these standards by providing coaching and holding team members accountable for performance while managing attendance, employee retention and addressing behavior of team members. Responsibilities include recognizing and rewarding strong performance while improving performance variation among the team.
Coaching & Staff Development:
Responsibilities include coaching front-line staff to quality, productivity, performance and professional development. Leverage the skill strengths of each individual to drive overall team performance through ongoing feedback via coaching sessions, one-on-one interactions and performance reviews. Ensures that meaningful development plans are in place with staff as needed and progress is being made. Accountable for monitoring and addressing employee satisfaction and retention to maximize employee effectiveness and minimize turnover while maintaining an inclusive work environment that supports diversity.
Business Partnering & Effective Relationships:
Establish credibility and work effectively with business partners and other leaders to achieve key performance goals and influence initiatives through effective decision making. Works and collaborates with others to identify and solve problems across teams and business units.
Initiatives & Change Management:
Responsible for leading the team through change as well as the adoption of new initiatives while keeping staff informed and helping them understand the big picture. Drives process consistency across team performance while supporting special projects.
- Coaching mentoring supervisory or management experience is preferred
- Experience in a Sales environment is highly desired
- Insurance Sales Call Center experience is a plus
- Property & Casualty License or ability to obtain
- High School Diploma required College Degree strongly preferred
- Training hours for the initial 12 weeks of this role are: 10:30 a.m. -7:00 p.m. CST (Monday- Friday)
- Work hours for this position are: 11:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. CST (Monday-Friday)
- Successful PL Licensure is required 60 days from date of hire
- A driven self-starter with a strong customer focus
- Proven track record of delivering improved and sustained results over time
- Ability to foster a high-performing team environment
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and strong influencing abilities
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate across small and large groups
- Readily able to adapt and lead others through change
- Strong organization planning time management and delegation skills
- Desire to coach and mentor others with noted enjoyment of team collaboration
- Ability to successfully manage in a structured environment
- Willingness to learn needed technical aspects of the job
- Good business acumen and professional demeanor
- Strong skills in all basic computer applications (Word Excel PowerPoint etc.)
- Leadership-Engages the workforce Builds a Talented Team Promotes a High-Performance Culture Coaches and Develops People Leads Change
- Operational Excellence-Takes Personal Accountability Holds Others Accountable Manages Priorities
- Effective Relationships-Builds Key & Productive Relationships Influences for Impact
- Business Knowledge & Strategic Thinking-Understands Business and Customer Needs Demonstrates Sound Business Judgment and Decision Making Demonstrates Strategic Thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression