This position will oversee and manage team members engaged in the performance of processing Service Treatment Records (STRs) for separated and/or retired Total Force Members. Manage team members to ensure records are processed in compliance with VA requirements in accordance with contract specific production requirements. Support the organization in its mission to help change lives through the power of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with management and Team Leads to determine processes and work to be accomplished each day.
2. Analyze reports and provide quality and quantity performance metrics for Team Members to be used in improving individual and overall performance.
3. Manage staffing schedules and monitor attendance. Approve KRONOS (time worked entries) for payroll processing. Ensure any changes to team member’s time are signed by team member before processing.
4. Respond to team member issues and questions/requests.
5. Manage escalated team member performance and behavior problems.
6. Prepare and deliver timely performance appraisals for direct reports, and ensure performance appraisals for assigned work units are completed on time and in a quality manner. Coordinate with Human Resources to administer rewards and recognition, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, or terminations in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
7. Adhere to, and ensure adherence to, all Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance, risk management, and ethics policies and procedures. Safeguard donations and all Goodwill property and resources; secure from harm, theft, accidental loss, or disposal. Promptly investigate or participate in investigations for all reported incidents.
8. Maintain harmonious working relations between team members. Ensure team member complaints are promptly addressed, and follow through to resolution.
9. Keep incoming shift Medical Records Manager informed of changes, progress and/or issues.
10. Conduct performance appraisals and handle performance issues.
11. Provide excellent customer service by greeting, assisting, and responding to questions and/or concerns in a positive, professional, and friendly manner.
To accommodate business needs and management objectives other duties may be assigned by a management member.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Yes
Supervise more than 50-100 team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential performance requirement satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a security clearance.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!!!
3+ years of experience performing similar work, in job description.
3+ years of Supervisory/management experience required.
3+ years of COACHING, COUNSELING AND PERFOMANCE APPARSIAL EXPEREINCE
5+ years of experience performing similar work.
Experience with military records/contracts helpful.
Supervision/management of medium to large teams helpful.
OR equivalent combination of education, experience and/or military training.