WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Our team is committed to driving profitability by delivering exceptional customer service, great claim outcomes and returning people to work! We have some of the best claims leaders and handlers in the industry. Together, along with our partners in Clinical, vocational rehab and throughout Claims, we help injured workers during some of their most challenging moments. Together, we restore lives. In this role, the ideal candidate will be part of a dynamic and talented team of Disability claim professionals that are committed to restoring the lives of employers and employees. You will have the opportunity to fully engage your exceptional service and critical thinking skills as we serve our customers throughout the claim adjudication process.
Ensures claim documentation reflects a solid understanding and application of Federal State and Company leaves of absence.
- Achieve fair equitable and timely claim determinations
Maintains positive customer relationships leveraging telephone and other communication (i.e. texting) to keep customers informed of their claim status. (i.e. client employer representative attending physicians etc.).
Provide timely and effective claim service; handle administration of STD and FMLA/LOA disability claims arising under disability insurance or leave of absence policies.
- Dedicate your focus to ensuring our customers have a positive and pleasant experience
THE HARTFORD BEHAVIORS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience (i.e. call center retail etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year of claims experience in any product area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid technology acumen and proficiency with MS Office (Outlook Word PowerPoint & Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable in a changing environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong focus delivering outstanding customer service
Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player
Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships
Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence
Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position will support the Portland Oregon Claim Center and the ideal candidate will work Monday thru Friday within standard flexible work hours. The position will work onsite and flexible occasional work at home options will be considered.