Operations Capacity Planning & Workforce Management Director
This critical leadership position will provide strategic oversight for all Capacity Planning & Workforce Management for The Hartfords Operations functions. This includes managing an organization of 6-8 analysts. The ideal candidate will act as primary management interface with Operations leaders with regards to strategic and tactical variable staff planning, operational and economic analyses, and Operational staff utilization. Additionally, the incumbent will champion the development and management of staffing models used to optimize the operations workforce to enable customer and financial commitments. This talent will partner with Operations Senior Leadership Team and CFO on operating plan, budget, and outlook processes as it relates to variable staffing. This function is a key enabler of The Hartford Way by maintaining the skills matrix, metrics scheduling time for standard work and capacity planning.
The primary accountabilities are:
Proactively participate in strategic planning conversations with regards to future operational staff needs.
Accountable for translating staffing implications of strategic initiatives. Inform project planning for investment initiatives work through staffing models to assess baseline performance, productivity improvements, and volume analyses.
Lead annually operating plan/budget and outlook process with regards to development of variable staffing. Partner closely with Finance to translate financial impacts.
Partner with Operations Leaders, HR, Recruiting, and Learning to develop and execute on hiring needs, with consideration of financial, strategic, and tactical implications.
Lead translation of business objectives into executable plans with emphasis on resource optimization and service level delivery. Accountable for general oversight of forecasting daily and interval level workload in order to efficiently and effectively meet customer demands.
Maintain expertise regarding workforce management industry best practices and trends. . Support and employ workforce planning and management tools and techniques. Utilize expertise to help drive Operations strategic agenda. Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies and service delivery in a multi-site service center environment.
- Bachelors degree required. Finance Accounting or Operations Preferred.
- Expertise in workforce management modeling within a highly complex business environment and/or contact center management modeling is beneficial.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Able to translate operational performance into financial implications.
- Proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by the capacity to influence customers and team members in support of business initiatives.
- Leverages data to drive decisions and influence future strategies. Can clearly articulate points of view and provides compelling rationale to influence decisions. Solid analytical skills coupled with the ability to seek out root cause and explain impacts to business performance
- Understands and anticipates customer needs. Makes sound decisions. Develops sound strategies to improve results. Plays critical role in quantification and measurement of operating efficiencies.
- Leads change. Embraces changes keeps employees informed and remains focused on business results. Partner across enterprise to build synergies and share best practices across the Workforce Planning team.
- Creates high performing culture. Engages and coaches employees. Sets expectations and holds team accountable. Clarifies job requirements and selects the best people for them. Uses recognition and rewards to motivate and retain individuals. Motivates builds respect and instills performance driven ethics. Coaching and developing for high performance and high pot
- Self-starting and motivating. Able to manage multiple priorities and aggressive timelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age