This is a work from home position, however to be considered for this role you MUST live within a commutable distance of Rapid City, SD.
Unlock Your Potential
Growing and supporting our employees is truly unlocking the power in people at Synchrony. On our Call Center team you’ll ensure our customers are successful along the way, and we’ll do the same for you: through generous benefits, continuous learning and clear career progression. On our team, you'll enjoy high starting wages ($20.50/hour) and tuition reimbursement. From day one, you're eligible for a benefits package that includes medical coverage for your whole family, dental & vision insurance, and a 401(k) with company match.
What you’ll do as a Customer Service Representative?
You'll handle inbound calls from our many cardholders, keeping exceptional customer service as your constant goal. You'll maintain up-to-date computerized customer information, resolve inquires, authorize sales, and most importantly, you'll build relationships with clients, customers and colleagues.
What you’ll need to succeed
You’ll have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; thrive in a team environment; and effectively communicate. You’ll need proficient computer skills, including the ability to manage information in multiple windows, proficiently type while talking and be comfortable utilizing Microsoft Outlook.
You will be able to work from home, full-time. It will require a quiet, distraction free environment with access to high speed internet. We will provide you with the computer, technology and equipment needed to successfully perform your job. Occasionally, you will be requested to meet in person, so you must live within commutable distance of Rapid City, SD.
What you’ll need to be considered for this role
*YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT – for more information, click here.
- 6+ months customer service experience of any kind and/or military equivalent experience.
- Must live within 2 1/2 hour commute of the Rapid City, SD location you are applying to
- Confidence using a computer
- Be 18-years-old or older
- Be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.